Friday, March 12, 2010

Music Review: Almost Alice

I mentioned this CD in my review for the movie Alice in Wonderland. Now, that I've listened to the album in it's entirety, I need to recommend it. There are a few tracks I'll be skipping, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth a listen.





1. Alice by Avril Lavigne: My favorite song on the album. I'm not a huge Avril Lavigne fan, but I do like much of her older stuff. This is the ending theme for the movie, the song that plays as credits roll. Music video is worth the watch, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZb8CnUzUOc

2. The Poison by The All-American Rejects: I like this song a lot. It starts off slow/acoustic, and by the end it has turned into a great rock tune. Great track!

3. The Technicolor Pase by Owl City: I really like Owl City. It's got a nice, happy beat, as most of their songs do. Another great track.

4. Her Name is Alice by Shinedown: This track is one of the heavier rock tracks. Shinedown is great, as always.

5. Painting Flowers by All Time Low: So far, this album is really great. This is the first song I've heard by All Time Low, but after this and a rec from a friend (thanks, Em), I'll definitely be checking out more.

6. Where's my Angel by Metro Station: This is the best song I've heard from them. Their first album was okay, but this song is definitely worth the listen.

7. Strange by Tokio Hotel and Kerli: An okay track. The previous ones were better, imo.

8. Follow me Down by 3OH!3 and Neon Hitch: Based on the beginning, I was concerned. But it turned out to be one of my favorites on the album. Sounds a little like something you'd dance to in a club.

9. Very Good Advice by Robert Smith: Not a bad song, but definitely not great, either. Has an unusual sound to it, that did add to the appeal. I'll probably skip over this one when it's in my CD player.

10. In Transit by Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz: Has a great, almost eerie, beat. The piano was great in this song. Don't skip this one.

11. Welcome to Mystery by Plain White T's: In truth, I dislike previous songs by this group. But this song is fantastic. Less folksy than their radio hits.

12. Tea Party by Kerli: Another club song. Catchy, but not my favorite song.

13. The Lobster Quadrille by Franz Ferdinand: Another song I'll skip most of the time.

14. Always Running out of Time by Motion City Soundtrack: This song is great. It has a great beat. Nice rock tune.

15. Fell Down a Hole by Wolfmother: An okay track.

16. White Rabbit by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals: Sadly, another track I'll probably skip.

17. Sea What We Seas by Never Shout Never: And another one to skip. Reminds me of a Queen song.

18. Topsy Turvy by Family Force 5: Great track. Has a great R&B sound.

19. Extreme by Valora: The CD ends on a high note. This song has a fun beat.


There are two exclusives available. Hot Topic (the one I have and includes songs 17-19 on the list above) and iTunes (which includes two extra tracks - one by They Might be Giants and the other from the actual soundtrack). If you get the chance, grab the Hot Topic one. The songs are worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment