Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Book Covers: The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Dead-Tossed Waves

I absolutely loved THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH. I bought the book when it was released, and it took forever to make it to the top of my pile. Too long indeed, since it was such a great book. Anyway, it was released in paperback recently, and they gave it a new cover. Also, it turns out that new editions of the hardback will have the new cover, as well. I think I like the new cover better. To me it stands out more. But I do think the original fits the story better.



Having just finished THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, and loving it as much as I did, I jumped THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES up higher in my pile of books. I have a few more to read before I get there. Anyway, I love the original cover. Of course, it got a new cover before it was even released. Since I haven't read the story, I can't say that one fits the mood of the book better, but I think the new cover is so much more creepy. And I like it.



What do you guys think of the covers? Do you have a preference and why?

3 comments:

Jessy said...

I like the original covers much better. They just go with the story much better than the new ones. I mean come on, Mary in the new FHT cover is wearing make-up! Would you picture someone in a zombie-apocalypse to be wearing eyeliner?

Name: Aine said...

I know. I never really thought about it until someone pointed it out. But, yeah... they probably don't have eyeliner as it is not a necessity. Candles... important. Food... important. Make-up... not important.

Still... I like the cover.

Melissa said...

As I've said before, I HATE the new cover for Dead-Tossed Waves. Dead girl washing up on shore in her white lingerie? Yeah, that just screams zombie apocalypse to me. It squicks me out and is something I'd expect to see on the cover of a murder mystery, a murder mystery about a serial killer targeting young girls and dumping them into the ocean.

Post a Comment