Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Book Review: Hush, Hush

A Fallen Angel... A Forbidden Love...

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Hush, Hush is Becca Fitzpatrick's debut novel, and the first of her fallen angel series. The book starts by introducing the main character, Nora Grey, and her BFF, Vee, who couldn't be more different. Nora isn't interested in the boys at her school... until new kid, Patch, transfers.

But Patch isn't like the other boys. And not just because Nora is drawn to him. He's a fallen angel. He appears to be stalking Nora. And she's not sure if that makes him good or bad. She wants to trust him, but she isn't sure she can.

Nora Grey is about as interesting as her name. I will say that she's kinda like I was in high school. I was always trying to blend in and disappear. But I wasn't the main character in a book. So while I liked her, I was often bored with the storyline.

Enter Patch. If you read my Mortal Instruments reviews you know how I feel about Jace. My opinion of Patch is even lower. I didn't like him. I didn't trust him. His constant sexual innuendos weren't cute or funny. Maybe if there had been less. But several on every page was too much.

I grade my fictional boys like I do real boys. Patch is cocky and arrogant. He enjoys being a "bad boy". Pretty much everything that turns me off. I know disliking Patch is the odd opinion. Sorry guys... I have book two, Crescendo, on my shelf at home. Hush, Hush left me interested enough to pick up the sequel, but I'm not really inspired enough to read it. Maybe one day...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. You're crazy because I love Patch. He is exactly the guy I want and I think you should read the next one. If you don't like Patch then you will like Crescendo because the whole time they fight and Nora is reunited with an old friend-Scott. It made me cry the whole book. But you might enjoy it.

Post a Comment