Sunday, April 25, 2010

Book Review: Sweethearts

I read STORY OF A GIRL by Sara Zarr recently, and I loved it. So I decided to read her next book, SWEETHEARTS. I liked it a lot. I didn't like it quite as much as STORY OF A GIRL, but in my opinion they are both wonderful reads. After having read these, I have to agree with the panel of authors that said Sara Zarr books would be considered classics many years in the future. I highly recommend both of these. They are remarkably real, and I think would be touching for anyone of any age.



Synopsis:
As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennider thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be -- but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost frined.

When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment