Sunday, February 27, 2011

Book Review: Stolen

Stolen is book two in The Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. The first book, Bitten, focused on Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf in the only werewolf pack in North America. In this installment, the werewolves learn they aren’t the only supernatural race. First, Paige and her mother, witches, show up. And before long we meet sorcerers, shamans, vampires, half-demons, and more.

The story in this book isn’t my favorite. In fact, Stolen may be my least favorite in the series, story-wise, but I love the inclusion of other supernaturals. Not only did werewolves not know about other supernaturals, but most supernaturals didn’t know there were still werewolves. The cast gets expanded, and many of the new characters are wonderful to see play against the wolves we met in Bitten.

If you enjoy urban fantasy, be sure to check this series out. You won’t be disappointed! It's one of two adult series that I didn't drop. 

New US cover

Synopsis:

Elena Michaels is back-and she has company. Lending a mission of vampires, demons, shamans, and witches, Elena is lured into the net of ruthless Internet billionaire Tyrone Winsloe, who is well on his way to amassing a private collection of supernaturals. He plans to harness their powers for himself-even if it means killing them. 

For Elena, kidnapped and imprisoned deep underground, unable to tell her friends from her enemies, choosing the right allies is a matter of life and death.

New Canadian cover

3 comments:

Momo (Books Over Boys) said...

Great review! I've never heard of this series before! :)

Happy reading!
-momo

Tegan said...

But you meet PAIGE and ADAM! in this! story sucks i'll give you. But its alot like tdp books i think kelley took the idea and developed it more.

I'll be thinking I need the new US covers... I should start ordering them now. I <3 these books

Sophia Chang said...

This is the first Otherworld book I read rather (did Bitten on audible) so I was really blown away by how funny it was. And this is the first book where I actually liked Clay a lot.

Why do foreign covers always look so much classier than US ones???

Post a Comment