Saturday, January 16, 2010

Books vs. Movies

I watched this movie years ago when it first came out in theaters. I loved it. But I had heard many negative reviews on account of it was very different from the books. I finally read the book, and they were right. It barely resembles the same story. But to be honest, I loved them both. A quick, fun read for little girls and women who are little girls at heart.


I had heard great things about the Georgia Nicholson series. And when I heard it was a movie (Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging - made in 2008 but aired Jan 1, 2010 in the US), I had to read it. I finished it on New Years Day so I could watch the movie that night. Both were hysterical. It's definitely targeted at teen girls. The boys I baby-sit tried to watch it... until they gave up trying to figure out what the characters were talking about. Have I mentioned that I love Britsh slang? When you need a silly movie to lift your mood, check this one out.

I've owned NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST for a while, both the book and movie. I love Michael Cera, which was the main reason I wanted to see it. But I needed to read it first. I didn't enjoy the book as much as I was hoping I would. But I did love the movie. One of the rare instances where I liked the movie more.


THE LIGHTNING THIEF is book 1 in the Percy Jackson series. He finds out that he is a demi-god, and is father is one of the big 3 (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades). The movie comes out next month, which caused me to movie the book up my TBR list. I loved it. It was a fast-paced, action book, and I think anyone who loved Harry will love Percy. The best way to describe it would be "a modern day Hercules story".





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good points! I loved the book of Ella Enchanted a fair bit more than the movie, but the movie's still adorable, and TLT is a new fav of mine--so very excited for the movie.

Post a Comment