Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book Review: What the Mouse Found, To Find a Wonder, Tales of Beedle the Bard, and Angelic

It's been a while since I've posted, so I'm going to cover several books in this post. First, WHAT THE MOUSE FOUND an anthology of stories for children by Charles de Lint. Since he's one of my favorite authors, I bought the special edition through Subterranean Press. It was quick and sweet. Tip and the Lion was my favorite story. Though these were written for children, they can be enjoyed by all ages.


Remember Braleigh, my lovely faery doll made by Jennifer Carson? Well here she is reading TO FIND A WONDER, another sweet children's story written by Jennifer Carson. Like so many tales for kids, they are great for adults as well. This story is about the squire Mortimer who is challenged to find a "wonder" in order for him to become a knight.

TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD, the most current read by JK Rowling. These five tales were supposedly translated by Hermione and analyzed by Dumbledore under the pretext that they are fairy tales for wizard children. The tales are charming, but not nearly as enjoyable as any of the Harry Potter books. Babbitty Rabbitty is my favorite story.







0 comments:

Post a Comment