Sunday, September 27, 2009

Book Review: Shiver

This was an amazing book. It was written by the fabulous Maggie Stiefvater, who also wrote LAMENT and BALLAD (comes out in a week!!!). This book basically fits under YA paranormal romance. And it was really believeable.

I identified a lot with Grace. She was a very strong heroine. She was in love with Sam, but it didn't weaken her. She wasn't whiney and pining for him when he wasn't there. And Sam... he was incredible. A little bit too perfect... besides the obvious. He's a werewolf. But he was sweet and sensitive and kind. I really hope there are guys like this out there. But, sadly, I would imagine they've already been taken.

Even though this was clearly a romance, it wasn't mushy. There was some action and adventure. Some suspense and mystery. There were happy parts and sad parts. Overall, a well rounded book. You should definitely pick it up. One of the top 5 best I've read this year!


1 comments:

Sophia Chang said...

Argh I never got into this series and I'm a huge furbanger! (heard Joe Mangianello say that term at an awards show and I love it lol)

Post a Comment