Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Review: Forsaken

Mara's mother is missing, her little brother is sick, may be dying, her father is grieving. It all seems hopeless - until Mara sets out on a life or death journey to bring her mother home.

I am a huge fan of Katherine Langrish, so when I found out she had a mermaid book, I had to get my hands on it. Forsaken was an extremely short book. I could have read the entire thing in less than 20 minutes, but I drew out the reading experience and made sure I broke it down into two sittings.

Mara's father is a merman. Mara and all of her siblings are merchildren. But Mara's mother is human. She left her world for the man she fell in love with. But she grew tired of living in the ocean and longed for her home. So she leaves her children and husband behind.

This is the story of Mara's journey, venturing on land to find her mother. While very short, it's a wonderful story. I highly recommend it!

1 comments:

Karen said...

I've been reading and enjoying a lot of novella/short stories lately. Forsaken sounds like a good one.

Post a Comment